Effective as of November 1, 2021
If you are a Nevada Resident or a California Resident, please see respectively the “Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents,” or “Additional Disclosures for California Residents,” sections below. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
User Consent for Communication
You consent to receiving communications from Fleetr, Inc. dba Eon (“Eon,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) via email, SMS, or by call. These communications may include but are not limited to the following:
Email Communication: We may use the email address you provided during registration to send you important information and updates related to your account, products, services, or changes to our policies.
SMS Communication: If you provide us with your mobile phone number during the registration process, you consent to receive SMS messages from us. These messages may include promotional content, account-related information, and other updates.
Call Communication: We may contact you via phone call for important updates or customer support related to your account or the services we provide.
Frequency and Opt-out:
You have the right to manage your communication preferences. If you wish to stop receiving marketing and promotional communications through any specific channel (email, SMS, or call), you can easily opt-out by following the instructions provided in the respective communication or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND SOURCES
We collect information about you when you use the Services, including information you provide when you register an account, access our content, update your profile, participate in a promotion, make a rental or contact our customer support. This information may include personal information.
Here is a listing of the information that we collect, how we collect the information, and how we use and share that information, including the categories of information we collect:
- Information You Provide To Us:
- User Registration Information. When you sign up to become a Registered User, we may collect your name, e-mail address, physical address, zip code, phone number, driver’s license number, profile photos, date of birth, license plate number, auto insurance information, VIN#, credit score, background check information (ie. Criminal history, judgements and liens, and other requested information. Registered Users may also provide information in the course of using the Platform.
- Profile Data. We may collect information including your interests, goals, age, preferences, financial information and favorites.
- Content. When applicable, we may collect information regarding the content you post or send as part of our Services, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Services (such as in product reviews or article comments). We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Services (such as when you reply to a comment on one of our articles). We will, however, never use or share such information for direct marketing purposes.
- Information You Provide To Us:
- Other Information You Voluntarily Provide. If you choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
- Information Collected Automatically From You. In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Services, which may include personal information. The categories of information we may automatically collect include:
- Service Use Data. This includes data about pages you visit, features you use, emails and advertisements you view, the time of day you use the Services, products and services you view and purchase, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Geo-locational Information. Certain features and functionalities of the Platform may be based on your location. Collection of this information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such information by adjusting your browser settings, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
- In-Vehicle and Driving Behavior Information. Such as Location, Speed, and other telemetry data from the vehicles you rent from our Platform.
We use various current – and later – developed tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Services, including the following:
- Cookies. Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit our Website to collect information that identifies your computer. This comprises information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, and what sections of our Platform you visit (the “usage information”). You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies.We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies.We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies.We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Pixels. Pixels are also known as web beacons, code embedded in a website, video, email or advertisement that sends information about your use to a server. Pixels are used in combination with cookies to track activity by a particular browser on a particular device.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. These technologies are used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our App. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s or the vehicle’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
- Information From Third-Party Sources
- Background Check Services. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Fleetr, dba Eon may collect background information about you from public records, background check providers, or other screening services, including credit reports and information about criminal convictions or from sex offender registries. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Aggregate or De-Identified Data. To better understand users of our Website, App and Platform, we might use information, including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our Website, App and to deliver some of the financial resources on the Platform like aggregated insights into how other people are managing their finances. This aggregated or de-identified information does not identify you personally. We may use and share this aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or sponsored events in which you participate
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Business Transfers. We share information in the event of, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar corporate event, the sale of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Disclosure to Public Authorities. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency, etc.). We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Services or anyone else.
- We Do Not Sell Your Data. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, but only from the Fleetr, dba Eon, we do not sell your information with third parties for marketing and sales purposes. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- CHILDREN’S DATA
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA, CALIFORNIA AND EU RESIDENTS.
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. In addition to the rights as explained in this Policy, California residents who provide Personal Information (as defined in the statute) to obtain products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year, information about the Personal Information we shared, if any, with other businesses for marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such personal information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in the current year will receive information about the prior year). To obtain this information please contact us.